We lost my Dad to COVID on April 29th after he spent 6 weeks in the hospital and a rehab facility. He drove himself to the ER in the middle of the night because he couldn’t breathe, and didn’t want to wake up my mom. He tested negative three times before they caught it. The last time I saw his eyes open was through Zoom while he was intubated and unable to speak. He passed a few days later after COVID caused pneumonia, his kidneys to fail, and sent him into septic shock. Dad was a beloved husband, father and minister who worked with his church for 47 years. He left an extraordinary mark on this world and also any burger or BBQ joint that he frequented. Our Mikey will never be forgotten.
– Amanda Rhea Matson, Colorado