We both tested positive two days apart, Tom in one room, myself in another. Fever, body aches and pains, profuse seating, headache, congested sinus pressure for me, the same for atom only he had a sore throat and cough, slept about 20 hours a day. Tom went to the Ed once and they gave him fluids and sent him home. 5 days later, he was not any better, ears and under eyes turning blackish, couldn’t drink or eat. I was feeling better, I drove him to the hospital, that was the last time I saw him in person. The hospital called the next morning and told me that they had put him on a ventilator and taking him to a Larger hospital After 29 roller coaster days in ICU on a ventilator, I had him removed from the ventilator and he passed. He was 63 years old.
– Jolayne Dicentes, Maine
- In Memory of Lyle David Hobart, A Mother’s Story of Losing a Beloved Son
- The Story of Matthew Doran, A Former Athlete and Covid Survivor Whose Life Has Been Devastated by the Virus
- The Story of Wendy Williams, A Covid Survivor and Long-hauler Still Fighting For Support
- In Memory of Jose Roberto Alvarez, A Daughters Story of Grieving Her Father
- In Memory of Daja M. Evans, A Daughter Taken Too Soon and Missed Dearly by Her Father