Work with us to support Covid-19 survivors
Interested in advocating for Covid-19 survivors and families affected by the virus? Join us.
Current Job Openings
Remote (New York City or Washington, D.C. preferred)
Job title: Organizing and Outreach Manager
Location: Remote from the U.S., with a potential location in New York City or Washington, DC
Status: Full-time; Exempt
Reports to: Executive Director
What we’re looking for:
Covid Survivors for Change is seeking a passionate, empathetic, and dedicated professional with exceptional organizing, volunteer leadership and engagement, and program experience to join the team. The Organizing and Outreach Manager will focus on organizing, empowering, and mobilizing survivor voices in our programs and campaigns. The Manager will develop new programs, organizing opportunities, platforms, partnerships, and campaigns to help diverse survivor advocates be essential agents of change in the Covid survivors’ movement.
Candidates should have experience developing and managing online-based organizing programs and campaigns, developing partnerships with organizations or corporations, working with impacted populations to empower them to share their stories to raise awareness and educate the public. This position requires someone who demonstrates the ability to develop and manage projects in coordination with multiple stakeholders and partners, as well as strong writing skills. We’re looking for someone vision-oriented, with a track record of success working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, and the ability to work with people who have experienced trauma or sensitive populations.
What you will do:
- Develop and expand a state-based and distributed leadership, organizing, and engagement infrastructure through the Covid Survivors for Change volunteer network.
- Create and execute a volunteer leadership ladder of engagement, including training, skill-building sessions, and developing roles that highly motivated volunteers can take on.
- Develop and implement plans to empower survivors to bring their stories to millions of Americans through new platforms and programs, including a program to raise awareness and educate the public about the impacts of Covid-19, and Covid-related policy and legislation.
- Develop and implement survivor-centric campaigns to elevate survivor voices in the Covid Survivors movement and increase the number of survivors engaged.
- Develop partnerships with external organizations, corporations, and partners to expand the impact of our programs.
- Identify and develop opportunities to elevate survivor voices on digital channels and build a training program to empower survivors to build their own local and/or online communities.
- Build public social media platforms for Covid Survivors for Change designed to amplify survivor efforts and voices.
- Support efforts to ensure that survivor programming and campaigns are trauma-informed.
- Develop basic knowledge of Covid-19 policy and legislation, and local and regional politics, and relevant policy issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least 3 – 5 years of management experience in program, community, or campaign organizing and/or outreach
- At least 2 – 4 years of executive managerial experience
- Exceptional writing and editing skills
- Experience working on topics related to trauma
- Experience with digital organizing and managing social media platforms
- Passion for the cause of empowering Covid-19 survivors
- Strong empathy and experience working with sensitive populations
- Experience working with people who have experienced trauma or sensitive populations is helpful, but not required
- Strong project management skills
- An ability to work with tight deadlines and under pressure
- Self-motivated and flexible
- Having the following is not required, but a plus:
- Knowledge of Covid-19 policy and legislation, recovery, or public health issues
- Fluency in Spanish
Travel may be required, once safe in light of the Covid-19 pandemic
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Employer-paid health, dental, and vision insurance
- 3% employer match on 401k contributions
- Pre-tax transportation benefits
- Paid holidays, vacation, sick, and volunteer time off
How to Apply
To begin the application process, click the button below. This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled.
Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of this position will be considered applicants and will receive responses. Thank you for your interest.
Find healing in support groups with other Covid-19 survivors. Read up on public resources available to you.
Together, we share our stories in hopes that others can learn from them, and that our fellow survivors can find healing in knowing that they are not alone.
Help stop this pandemic and prevent more people from experiencing the loss we know intimately.