Mom packed up 73 yrs of her life & moved from CT to GA to be with me & her grandsons. Life was good. She was working part time, we went on day trips, she loved the warmer weather, she was enjoying the grandsons & her little dog. 8 months later she went to the hospital with a fever & a headache. It was so early on in the pandemic, we never imagined her trip to the ER would lead to being intubated & then death 33 days later. What a wonderful, selfless, loving, caring, giving, energetic, stylish, faithful person she was. We have fond memories of her but she is terribly missed. Our hearts are broken. She was my best friend. There is a piece of my heart that is gone. The only good thing about her death is that I know she is in a much better place. I am thankful that I was able to be with her when she left this life & walked into the arms of our heavenly father.
– Jadeane Grant, Georgia
- In Loving Memory of Yolanda Meshe Powell, a Mother Mourned by Her Children After Losing Her Battle With COVID
- In Loving Memory of Zenon Z. Robledo, a Father Gone Too Soon Due to COVID
- In Loving Memory of Jennifer Cook, a Beloved Mother Missed Deeply After Being Taken by COVID
- The Story of David Gualdarrama, a Man Whose Resilience Helped Him Overcome COVID
- In Memory of Rita Delorais Coleman, a Fierce and Caring Matriarch Taken Too Soon