Lloyd fell ill the end of March and self isolated. April 6th, I took him to hospital with constant cough, heartburn/acid reflux, difficulty breathing and lethargy from not eating. He decided to go on vent the following day.* Lloyd fought and made it off the ventilator after 20 days but an infection ultimately made his heart stop and caused hypoxic brain damage. He passed on his mother’s birthday at age 49. Lloyd was an actor, entrepreneur, husband, father and champion for all to follow their dreams and spread love. He was a light and source of joy & laughter in any room. We miss him dearly. *I believe I got Covid from taking him to hospital & subsequently infected my daughter. We were unable to confirm until after his passing as testing was not readily available.
– Hillary Porter, New York
- The Story of James Pereira Sr, A Family Broken-hearted and in Need of Healing
- In Memory of Rita Simone Taylor, A Daughter Whose Life Was Taken Too Soon
- In Memory of Robert Bruce Weikert, a Daughter Who Fought For Her Father Until the Very End
- In Memory of Kathleen A. Best, Whose Life of Adventure was Halted by Long Haul COVID
- The Story of Alicia Roxanne James, A Woman Currently Living the Nightmare of Long Covid